- Essential Concepts of Tai Chi, William Ting, 2015.
- The Harvard Medical School Guide to Tai Chi, Peter M. Wayne, PhD and Mark L. Fuerst, 2013
- Answers to Common Tai Chi and Qigong Questions, Willian Ting, 2011
- Tao Te Ching, Lao Tzu, translated by Sam Hamill, 2007
- Taijiquan: The Art of Nurturing, The Science of Power, Yang Yang, PhD, 2005
- The Healing Promise of Qi, Roger Jahnke, 2002
- Making Connections, Total Body Integration Through Bartenieff Fundamentals, Peggy Hackney, 1998
- The Way of Qigong: The Art and Science of Chinese Energy Healing, Kenneth S. Cohen, 1997
- The Tao of Pooh, Benjamin Hoff, 1982
- Body Movement: Coping With the Environment, Irmgard Bartenieff and Dori Lewis, 1980
- T’ai Chi Chuan for Health and Self-Defense: Philosophy and practice, T.T. Liang, 1974, 1977
"I’ve enjoyed learning more about the principles and cultural traditions of Tai Chi and Qigong. It really complements my practice."
Tai Chi Principles and Practice:
- Anyone Can Learn Tai Chi, Tai Chi for Health by Dr. Paul Lam
- What is Tai Chi? – by Dr. Paul Lam
- Tai Chi for Arthritis – A Free Lesson with Introduction, by Dr. Paul Lam,
- Tai Chi for Rehabilitation – Introduction and Free Lesson by Dr. Paul Lam
- Tai Chi for Beginners, by Dr. Paul Lam, Free Lesson and Introduction
Qigong Principles and Applications:
"I’m always looking for deeper meaning and connection. I love the way Gurney shares her understanding of the practice through demonstration, verbal description and imagery."
- Jahnke R, Larkey L, Rogers C, Etnier J, Lin F. A comprehensive review of health benefits of qigong and tai chi. American journal of health promotion. 2010 Jul;24(6):e1-25.
- Wang C, Collet JP, Lau J. The effect of Tai Chi on health outcomes in patients with chronic conditions: a systematic review. Archives of internal medicine. 2004 Mar 8;164(5):493-501.
- Wayne PM, Walsh JN, Taylor‐Piliae RE, Wells RE, Papp KV, Donovan NJ, Yeh GY. Effect of Tai Chi on cognitive performance in older adults: Systematic review and meta‐Analysis. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society. 2014 Jan;62(1):25-39.
- Solloway MR, Taylor SL, Shekelle PG, Miake-Lye IM, Beroes JM, Shanman RM, Hempel S. An evidence map of the effect of Tai Chi on health outcomes. Systematic reviews. 2016 Dec;5(1):1-1.
- Huston P, McFarlane B. Health benefits of tai chi: what is the evidence?. Canadian Family Physician. 2016 Nov 1;62(11):881-90.
- Yeh GY, Wang C, Wayne PM, Phillips R. Tai chi exercise for patients with cardiovascular conditions and risk factors: a systematic review. Journal of cardiopulmonary rehabilitation and prevention. 2009 May;29(3):152.
- Han A, Judd M, Welch V, Wu T, Tugwell P, Wells GA. Tai chi for treating rheumatoid arthritis. Cochrane database of systematic reviews. 2004(3).
- Song R, Lee EO, Lam P, Bae SC. Effects of a Sun-style Tai Chi exercise on arthritic symptoms, motivation and the performance of health behaviors in women with osteoarthritis. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing. 2007 Mar 1;37(2):249-56.
- Zeng Y, Luo T, Xie H, Huang M, Cheng AS. Health benefits of qigong or tai chi for cancer patients: a systematic review and meta-analyses. Complementary therapies in medicine. 2014 Feb 1;22(1):173-86.
- Tsang T, Orr R, Lam P, Comino EJ, Singh MF. Health benefits of Tai Chi for older patients with type 2 diabetes: The “Move It for Diabetes Study”–A randomized controlled trial. Clinical interventions in aging. 2007 Sep;2(3):429.
- Zou L, Wang H, Xiao Z, Fang Q, Zhang M, Li T, Du G, Liu Y. Tai chi for health benefits in patients with multiple sclerosis: A systematic review. PloS one. 2017 Feb 9;12(2):e0170212.